Privacy and Cookies Policy
Policy last updated: 13 August 2018
Our Privacy and Cookies Policy
At HighQ we are committed to safeguarding and preserving the privacy of our customers and visitors to our website at www.highq.com, our platforms and our HighQ mobile application (together, the “Services”).
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains what happens to any personal data that you provide to us, or that we collect from you whilst you access the Services.
For the purpose of EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679, the controller of your personal data is HighQ Solutions Limited (with registered address 55 King William Street, London, England, EC4R 9AD) and our subsidiaries, affiliates and group companies.
We update this policy from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
- Information we collect
In providing and maintaining our Services, we may collect and process the following personal data about you:
- Information about your use of our Services including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data, and is further described within our Cookies Policy.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means, for example via the contact us page on the website or our mobile application or if you request a demo or quote via the website. Such information may include your contact details, such as name, telephone number and email address and job details, such as job title and department.
- Purposes for processing your information
We use your personal data to enable us to perform the contract entered into between us and you, to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and for the purposes of our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To enable us to respond to an enquiry or other request you make when you contact us, including for customer services support
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you, where you have consented to receive such information or we are otherwise entitled to share that information with you.
- To inform you of any changes to the Services or our platforms or products.
- To enable us to understand how you interact with the Services, including their functionality and features, and ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner.
If you have previously purchased products or services from us, we may provide to you details of similar products and services that you may be interested in.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding their products and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided, you may withdraw it at any time by using the unsubscribe function in the footer of any emails you receive or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Transferring your personal data
In the course of providing the Services, it may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for processing and storing of your personal data. Whenever we transfer your personal data to a country outside the EEA, we ensure a similar level of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use affiliates or service providers located outside the EEA, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For example, we have executed an agreement incorporating Model Clauses (standard contractual clauses approved by the European Commission) to regulate the basis on which we share personal data with our affiliates located outside the EEA. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer personal data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US. For further details, see European Commission: EU-US Privacy Shield.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA.
- Data Security and Storing your personal data
Personal data obtained in the course of our providing the Services will be kept for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or as required by law, in accordance with our Records Retention Policy. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the purposes for which we process your personal data, whether we can achieve those purposes through other means and the applicable legal requirements.
We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is treated and stored securely. Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically. Sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
- Disclosing your information
We may share your personal data with:
- our subsidiaries, affiliates and group companies;
- a prospective buyer in the event of a sale of any or all of our business so that the buyer can continue to provide you with information and/or the Services; and
- the service providers that we engage to provide services for us, for example [customer support, marketing services and business analytics]. Where we provide your personal data to third party service providers, they are required to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
We may also disclose your personal data where required by law and/or to protect and defend the legal rights, interests, and safety of us and our affiliates.
The cookies we use in the course of providing the Services consist of the following categories:
a) Strictly Necessary cookies – these cookies are used for technical reasons and are necessary to enable the Services to operate so that you can navigate the Services and use specific features. If these cookies are blocked or disabled, some of the Services may not operate effectively.
b) Performance cookies – these cookies are used to obtain statistics about the number of users of the Services and how such users interact with us online. These cookies collect information that is aggregated and therefore cannot be used to ascertain an individual’s identity. Such information allows us to continuously improve the Services to provide users with a better online.
c) Functionality cookies – these cookies are used to improve functionality and make the Services easier to use. They help us to identify you as a repeat user of the Services and help us remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region), improving your user experience.
d) Analytical – these cookies record the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make content more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
e) Flash cookies – the Adobe Flash Player (and similar applications) use technology to remember settings, preferences and usage similar to browser cookies but these are managed through a different interface than the one provided by your web browser. This technology creates locally stored objects that are often referred to as “Flash cookies.” You may access your Flash management tools from Adobe’s web site directly here: https://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager02.html.
We may share information that we collected through cookies, in aggregated form, with carefully selected third parties for the purposes set out above, unless you disable or block cookies as set out below.
You can opt-out from being tracked by Google Analytics by downloading and installing ‘Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on’ for your current web browser at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How do I control my cookie settings on my computer or device?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ or http://www.youronlinechoices.com. Please note that opting out does not opt you out of being served advertising. You will continue to receive advertisements that are generic and not tailored to, or targeted specifically at, you.
Essential website cookies: Because these cookies are strictly necessary to deliver the Services to you, you cannot refuse them. You can block or delete them by changing your browser settings however, as described above; but by doing so the Services will no longer be available.
- Third party links
- Your Rights
If you are located in the EEA: You may have the right to: request (a) access the to your personal data we hold about you; (b) request we correct any inaccurate personal data we hold about you; (c) request we delete any personal data we hold about you; (d) restrict the processing of personal data we hold about you; (e) object to the processing of personal data we hold about you; and/or (f) receive any personal data we hold about you in a structured and commonly used machine-readable format or have such personal information transmitted to another company.
We may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, before disclosing information requested to you.
To exercise any of your rights in connection with your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process any request in line with any local laws and our policies and procedures. If you are located in the EEA, you have the right to lodge a complaint about how we process your personal data with the supervisory authority in your country.
- Contacting us
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions relating to this policy.